1. The Advantages of Automating Pension Fund Payments
Using VCI’s ACH processing platform provides several advantages and benefits to your company, for example:
- Accurate funding increases the pensioner’s trust
- Eliminates payment errors
- Setting up automatic, recurring payments
- Improved customer experience
- Improved office efficiency and functionality
- Increased flexibility for collections or deposits
- Increases your compliance
- Reduced loss due to risk
- Reduces your workload
- Simplifies payments to pensioners
Looking at ACH Pension Funds from the pensioner’s perspective:
- Funds are safely deposited
- Funds are deposited as scheduled
- Managing personal finances is more convenient
- Peace of mind
Here we discuss ACH deposits for Pension Funds.
2. What is an ACH Deposit?
The Automatic Clearing House (ACH) network processes electronic payments for businesses, consumers, and government agencies in the U.S. The system is used for a wide range of applications, including:
- Allows for fund transfers between in-house bank accounts
- Business to business payments
- Direct deposit of contributions to retirement funds, i.e., 401k, IRAs, and Roth accounts
- Direct deposits of employee pension checks/paychecks
- Electronic tax payments
- Individual to individual payments, i.e., PayPal
NACHA, (the National Automated Clearing House Association) is the trade association that administers ACH transactions within financial industries. The Electronic Payments Network and the Federal Reserve operate NACHA.
3. ACH Transactions - Direct Deposit
ACH direct deposits fund accounts; these transactions are used for financial interactions such as tax refunds, payroll, and pensions.
Direct deposit via ACH is a transfer in which a government agency, business, or consumer transfers funds from one account to another. Most employees are familiar with this type of transaction if they get paid by direct deposit paychecks.
Direct deposit via ACH has many applications, such as:
- Benefit payments, including pensions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Expense reimbursements
- Government benefits – Social Security, SSI, etc.
- Interest payments
- Tax refunds
4. How ACH Direct Payments Work
ACH direct payments essentially authorize the receiver of the funds to “pull” money from the account funding the transaction.
Here are steps that occur with an ACH transaction:
- The process is initiated by the originator (a government agency, business, or consumer) of the transaction by requesting the transaction.
- Once initiated, the payment processor or bank responsible for managing this phase submits an entry.
- Batches are transmitted to an ACH operator on a scheduled basis; an operator is an institution authorized to handle fund transfers between the accounts.
- ACH Operators are responsible for sorting the entries to ensure that money gets transferred accurately.
- ACH Operator submits the entries to the receiving financial institutions.
- The receiving institution performs sufficient fund verification (in the originating account)
- The receiving institution finalizes the transaction.
ACH credits settle within 1 to 2 business days; ACH debits must settle by the next business day.
5. Processing Payments with ACH Deposits Add Convenience
Businesses appreciate the convenience of ACH deposits. While ACH transactions have fees, the advantages far outweigh the minor costs.
Now would be a good time to put payment processing efficiencies into action and streamline deposits into your pension funds or to a plan participant. ACH is a trusted network that provides an affordable solution for collecting or distributing retirement plan payments in a timely, efficient manner.
VCI’s custom solutions for pension funds are ideal for contributors, lump-sum, or rollover distributions because they provide streamlined operations for each distributor. VCI’s ACH solution can be integrated into existing software for on-time and accurate payments.
VCI uses compliance expertise and proven innovative technology to provide valuable solutions for fast and secure payment processing in the pension fund industry.
We work with:
- Companies that provide pension plans
- Government agencies
- Pension fund industries
Call us today to learn how VCI’s ACH platform can work for your pension fund distributions.
Call Us to Get Started