Approximately 175 million Americans have a checking account. ACH Payments allow you to capture more initiated sales by enabling customers to pay the easiest way—directly through their bank accounts in a safe, secure, and simple process.
ACH and eCheck Payment Processing
The Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) is an electronic payment delivery system that processes credit and debit transfers for institutions nationwide. ACH Payments are processed using a customer’s bank account information to deduct funds directly from a checking or savings account to pay for goods or services. It is a popular and efficient alternative to traditional credit card or paper check processing.
What is ACH?
ACH transactions offer many benefits and advantages over traditional paper checks or credit/debit cards.
Why ACH and eCheck Processing?
Problems with Traditional Check Payments
- Require time and effort to write and deposit
- Carry risk of lost, stolen, or late checks
- Require postage expenses
- Require administration and operation expenses to process
- Carry risk of check fraud and stop payment charges
Problems with Credit/Debit Card Payments
- More expensive to establish, operate and maintain
- Credit/debit cards and PayPal demand higher rates
- Not ideal for recurring or subscription payments
- Limited percentage of the market compared to ACH