ACH and eCheck Payment Processing
Approximately 175 million Americans have a checking account. ACH Payments allow you to capture more initiated sales by enabling customers to pay the easiest way—directly through their bank accounts in a safe, secure, and simple process.
The Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) is an electronic payment delivery system that processes credit and debit transfers for institutions nationwide. ACH Payments are processed using a customer’s bank account information to deduct funds directly from a checking or savings account to pay for goods or services. It is a popular and efficient alternative to traditional credit card or paper check processing.
Why ACH and eCheck Processing?
ACH transactions offer many benefits and advantages over traditional paper checks or credit/debit cards.
Problems with Traditional Check Payments
- Require time and effort to write and deposit
- Carry risk of lost, stolen, or late checks
- Require postage expenses
- Require administration and operation expenses to process
- Carry risk of check fraud and stop payment charges
Problems with Credit/Debit Card Payments
- More expensive to establish, operate and maintain
- Credit/debit cards and PayPal demand higher rates
- Not ideal for recurring or subscription payments
- Limited percentage of the market compared to ACH